Reasons I think he doesn't like me:
1) Everyone says he likes my best friend (he never says anything about the matter).
2) He is going to make a CD for my best friend for her birthday and he is going to add a "special" song.
3) He does nice things for my best friend and always cheers her on.
4) When someone dared him to ask my best friend out, people were yelling that he was blushing and smiling (I didn't look because I felt sad, and he never answered).
5) He gave my best friend a "birthday flower."
6) He looks at her alot.
7) He is always polite around her.
Reasons I think he likes me:
1) He is always teasing me, playfully punching or kicking me, and throwing things at me.
2) He likes to pretend to shoot me with his pen.
3) He likes to make faces at me from across the classroom.
4) He stares at me alot (sometimes he glances away, sometimes he holds eye contact).
5) He always tells me things about himself or funny jokes.
6) One day in Study Hall, he asked the teacher if I could move from my assigned seat and help him study without even asking me first.
7) When I was helping him study, he wasn't taking it seriously and kept goofing around.
8) Everytime he would make me laugh, he would just look at me and smile.
9) When he was acting demonic (he knows that I get freaked out by that) and I gasped, he put his hand on my arm and told me he was just kidding (he kept his hand on my arm for about 10 seconds).
10) Also when I was helping him study, he would lean over really close, turn the book towards him while it was still in my grasp, and have his hand over mine.
11) The next morning, he smiled mischievously and asked if I wanted to study.
12) He complimented my shoes.
13) He was doing his Michael Jackson impersonation (which freaks me out), and I commented on how he is only doing it because it creeps me out. He told me I was right.
14) When someone took his Science seat, he yelled at him to leave but they wouldn't.
15) When a kid sat and blocked our view of eachother in Sciece class, we kept moving to see eachother.
16) When a kid took my science seat, he told me I could sit with him.
17) My friend (not my best friend) walked by and heard him talking to the guy who likes me (not the one I like) and she said that the guy I like said, "It's only because you like her!" to the guy who likes me.
18) The friend who dared the guy I like to ask out my best friend also dared him to ask me out. He just claimed to not want to play the game. I don't know to take this as a good sign or bad sign.
19) When something funny or bad happens, we always immedietly meet eyes.
20) He likes to take my things and hide them (ex: my pencils, lunch box, etc).
I would like to think he likes me, but sometimes he does something towards my best friend that worries me. I'm not the only one who thinks he likes me though. The guy who likes me makes comments implying that me and the guy I like like eachother. My friend, who dared the guy I like, made a comment like, "I love how the guy you like is always asking you to help him study..." I asked her if she was implying something and she said maybe. My best guy friend and sister thinks he likes me.
So does he like me or am I just being over-dramatic?
*Sorry that it is really long and confusing, but I am really confused*
DISCLAIMER: Dear anonymous, I didn’t have any relationships in high school so I basically have no idea how you might get a boyfriend during this awkward, awkward phase. But I will use my vast knowledge of romantic comedies and a little common sense to give you some second-rate advice.
I’m not sure if he likes you or not but here are a couple of things that might help. You could try the Some Kind of Wonderful route:
Get him to ask your friend on a date, and you go along acting as the chauffeur, then sometime during the evening your friend realizes she needs to fly solo for a while and Eric Stoltz, errgh, I mean the boy you like, realizes that he’s loved you ALL ALONG, and you get a boyfriend and a pair of sweet diamond earrings. Cue credits.
However, it might be easier to just ask him if he likes your friend or not. Then you’d know either way. Or you could just continue enjoying your friendship with him and not worry too much about the other stuff for now.
I saw this really cute guy 2 months ago and I've been crushing on him since. He's from a different college (in the same uni) and I don't see him that much. Plus, we don't even know each other. I only found out what his name was through Facebook :( But I reaaally like him and I think we'd be good friends, if not ... you know, so how do I get to know him without being weird or anything? Or is that just impossible? :(
Thank you so much for the question, anonymous. You raise an important issue related to painful crushes, the issue of INTERNET STALKING.
Speaking from experience, no good can come from serious Facebook creeping. Shit gets real weird, real fast. So if you start feeling like you know this guy’s soul because you have 3 mutual friends and you both like Arrested Development it’s time to shut that computer off, YOU’VE GONE TOO FAR. Under no circumstances should you friend him or message him without meeting him first.
Basically, you need to find out where he hangs out, what music he likes, or what clubs he’s in and try to run in to him. If Facebook can help you figure some of these things out and get some “face time” (sha-bing!) then that’s fine. But it should only be used sparingly.
Okay, so theres a guy I like, but hes kindof a jock. I dont really know how to talk to him... We dont have classes together or anything. And mind you, im in middle school so I cant.drive or anything. Do you have any advice on how we could talk? PS: I cant use the indtroductory stuff, because I already know him on an aquaintence level!
Ooooooh, thanks for the question, anonymous!
This is a tough one for us because we’ve never been very good at talking to our crushes. That being said, we’ve come up with a little bit of advice. Hope it helps!
Try showing up at public/school events that you know he’ll be at (Sports games? Algebra study sessions? Ice cream socials? Sock hops? Sorry, it’s been a while since we’ve been in middle school). The more you run into each other, the more chance there is that you’ll strike up a conversation naturally. Wouldn’t that be nice?
Try smiling in his general direction. Here’s a neat trick: the next time you’re talking to your friends and he’s around, just shoot him a glance when you’re already mid-smile. You’ll look friendly AND approachable.
If all that seems too indirect, you could try cracking a joke about cafeteria food/too much homework/Charlie Sheen’s tiger blood the next time you see him in the hallway. Or ask him what he’s listening to on his ipod, comment on the hockey game, or whatever. Basically anything that gets you talking about common interests is fantastic! Just remember to relax and try not to over think it.